Saturday, March 11, 2006

Almost Burned our House

Yes you read it correctly, Just this morning I almost burned our house down.

I woke up around 6:30 am did my usual morning routine and then decided to have breakfast. There was bread, jam and fruits hmmm... I want something warm but was too lazy to make toast. So I opened our fridge and there it was, monggo pao left over from chowking that we had yesterday. A frozen monggo pao... there's nothing the microwave can't fix and so I thought. I popped one in the microwave for about 1 1/2 mins. Diligently I watched the siopao twirl, round and round it went. *Beep* it stopped I checked if it was ready but it was still a little stiff, a few more minutes, maybe? I thought. Pressed 1 minute twice and then the doorbell rang. Since everybody was still confined in their respective rooms, hurriedly I went to see who rang the bell. A family friend delivered fresh oysters as a gift and managed to squeeze in a conversation. I totally forgot the monggo pao that was still in the microwave! Just as I entered the main hall there it was thick white smoke coming from the kitchen area. Adrenaline just took over, I ran and managed to open the microwave door and at the same time unplug the unit. Relieved that nothing worse happened, I announced to my family members "I just burned a monggo pao" and laughed at myself. This one is definitely in the list of the stupid things I did.


t-na @ 9:26 PM| 0 comments