Philippine Idol Girls Semi-Finals NightThe 12 female- idol hopefuls with their respective renditions of the following songs:
- Abigail GAIL Blanco "Whats Love Got to Do With It" - The song choice was too ambitious. She didn't give justice to a Tina Turner song, she lacked energy. Mr. C "The song was difficult, sadly it ate you up".
- Christina TIN Otero "Come In from the Rain" - Much better than the 1st performance. FM and Mamita gave liked her rendition. Mr. C on the other hand suggested that Tin under go a makeover, to make her look younger.
- Rina Lei YNAH Pangan "Halik"- The first OPM song sang. It was an average performance. She did sound kinda like the original but I was hoping that she did her own twist on the song, made it her own instead of "imitating". FM " a courageous effort"
- Cherry Ann APPLE Chiu "Rhythm of the Street" - She has a deep and rich voice and I am disappointed with song choice. I expected more from her. She made a safe song choice, which didn't showcase her voice. Mr. C "Hindi ko matke yung kanta buti nalang maganda voice mo".
- Jellica JELI Mateo "Bridges" - Buti nalang maganda siya. Wrong song choice, I was disappointed.
- IRA Marasigan "Mr. Melody". Sabi ko na nga ba she looks familiar. We were in the same club, "Abbey Music Guild", way back in highschool. Shes' two batches lower than me and if I'm not mistaken she has a twin sister. Grabe! I'm so proud na may Bedan na nakapasok sa Philippine Idol. She left a good impression when she sang "Route 66, Manila audition. During the theater elimination week she lost a little of her spark, but nonetheless her 1st audition out weighed her average theater elimination performance earning her slot in the top 24. Tonight she's back with her classy, upbeat jazzy scatwork rendition of "Mr. Melody". The judges comments: FM "May kultura tong batang to'", Mamita "You've blossomed I hope you make it. Mr. C "I'm so happy you brought class in PI. Ang galing mong maglakad (Ira :"pang beauty pagent po ba?"). VOTE for her guys! especially yung mga taga Benedictine Abbey/St. Benedict College/San Beda Collge Alabang (ilang beses na kase nagpalit-palit ng name ang alma matter natin, pili nalang kau) dyan let's support her! Text IRA to 2339.
- POW Chavez "Ikaw Lamang" - The 2nd OPM song. She reminds me of Aiza Seguerra and like Aiza shes' rendered a beautiful soulful version of "Ikaw Lamang". Simple yet heartfelt ang pagkanta niya. FM "Mahusay na mangaawit, kelan ka ba magpapalda?" Mamita "Whatever you wear or say, Ilove you Pao!" Mr. C " Plus factor, your voice is full of emotion. Hindi mo na kalain ng gimik, kumanta kaang buboto na ang mga tao". She cried after her performance, because of the positive feedback the audience and judges gave.
- Stephanie STEF Lazaro "Home" - Nagka hangover pa ako kay Ira and Pow, hindi ako nakaconcentrate kay Stef. She followed a great performance by Pow, which made her performance "forgetable". Mr. C "Sorry, nothing new"
- Maureen MAU Marcelo "Sweet Love" - Isa pa to! ang galing! The moment she sang the first few phrases, you could instantly tell that she has the "Idol" factor, a great voice! FM "Kahit si Fantasia mapapatiklop mo, you deserve to be in the top 4!" Mamita " I like the way you changed, I like you very much!" Mr. C even asked her why she isn't an international artist yet? She cried and couldn't even speak after Mr. Cs' comment.
- Erika Jill EJ Bautista "Paalam Na" - Despite her disability she was able to deliver the song pitch perfectly but she lacked something during her performance. Probably it's the intensity of how she sang the song, I just couldn't figure out what is lacking. Mr.C " It's just good enough, nothing spectacular."
- Yasmin SUEY Medina "Almost Over You" - It was too pitchy. Her voice lacked richness. Sayang.
- Armarie ARMS Cruz "Superwoman" - All I can remember about Armarie was that she cried a lot! The Davao Eliminations, when his brother auditioned, when she auditioned. During theater eliminations, when her brother wasn't in the top 40, when she was included in the top 40. When she was included in the top 24. She's good but I think she over sang this song. Surprisingly she didn't cry tonight.
I can vouch that the first Philippine idol will be a Female! The girls semi-finals night was far better than the Boys' Semi. I'm glad that Philippine Idol is getting better! Tonight was really exhilarating entertaining to watch. Walang nabatbat ang competition. My top 4 are as follows IRA, MAU, POW and APPLE.
Don't slack off, vote for you favorites! Baka may magcry ng foul nanaman dyan na hindi nakapasok ang mga sa tingin nilang magagaling.
Labels: Philippine Idol